We have helped many people get to the finish line and cross it with success. But, walking out the door is never easy. Besides the emotion of walking away from a huge part of their lives, there are other factors that can cause stress in the sale or transition process.
- Stopping before the finish line: Put the travel brochures away and keep the golf clubs packed until the weekend. A dip in revenue means less money from a new buyer.
- Rattling the troops: Employees should strategically be part of the process. They need to feel secure and you don’t want employee turnover when you’re looking for a buyer.
- Customer knowledge: A great way to hurt a sale is to lose customers. Transition information should be timed well.
- Jumping in too early: Did you go to prom? Was that who turned out to be Mr. or Mrs. Right? Don’t be discouraged if the first potential buyer isn’t the right fit.
- Position of control: If you have a successful practice now, taking steps to make the sale part of, but NOT ALL of your retirement can be crucial to success.
A successful marathon takes time and proper training. Taking the right steps will get you across the finish line successfully.
Cornerstone Benefits Consulting, LLC
416 George St. Suite B6
DePere, WI 54115