Steps to creating a location page
- Once in Gmail, click the nine box grid to the left of your image in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Select Google+ (red circle with G+ in it)
- On the left-hand side, there will be a house that says “Home”. Click that and the menu will drop down.
- Find and choose “Pages”.
- In the upper right corner, you will see two tabs: Locations and Brand Pages.
- Click “Locations”.
- Click the drop down menu (square made of three lines) next to Google My Business.
- Click “Add a location”.
- Type in your business address and select your listing.
- Google will provide ways to verify your business (e.g., mail. phone). They typically send out a postcard with a code on it that you should receive in 7-14 business days. Newer business don’t always get the option to verify by phone.
- Once your page has been verified, you can merge your existing brand page with this new local page. See below on how to merge.
What you need to complete your knowledge box:
Photos – From your Google+ home page click on “Manage Photos”. Go through each of the sections (identity photos, interior photos, etc.) and add a few photos to each section.
Bio information – In the upper left, click on “Edit Info”. Move through each section and fill out as much information as you can.
Now that you’ve filled out your practice’s information and added photos, it’s important to keep using your new Google+ page to keep in touch with patients and find new ones.
Remember, an active profile can boost your practice up the Google search list.